I would tack this onto an existing thread but don't want it to get overlooked. seems a lot of the VT threads get off topic and I know I quit looking at them
=====================
A TRIBUTE TO VA TECH:
Much of the world's attention this week has been on VA Tech in the USA, where the devastating shooting took place earlier in the week. Having the very same thing happen here in Tasmania back in 1996, I can understand the grief and mixed emotions being felt by all those in the state of Virginia and indeed across the USA. My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this.
I'm happy to present this little update that arrived in my in-box today. It speaks for all of us I believe. Shawn Key writes:
"I tend to vent my feelings through music. I and a few colleagues from various popular local bands stayed up literally all night and completed a VA Tech tribute song yesterday morning. I've been a longtime MR fan and written you several times after having met House of Lords and Steve Lukather. I hope you'll listen and spread the word anyway you can as it was heartfelt. I've spent time off and on at VA Tech since 1989 when I had a great, late friend go there. God bless the victims, families and friends. Music aside, I'm at a loss for words. The song, Anywhere But Here by Secondhand Hero can be found at: www.myspace.com/artist_secondhandhero or downloaded at: www.dreamsoundmusic.com/vatechtribute.
Separate from our song but a request is that anyone can make a donation to Tech and support the VA Tech radio station marathon/fundraiser by e-mailing [email protected], calling 540 231 WUVT or visiting the site at: www.wuvt.vt.edu/main.html."
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
that's actually a pretty good tune. It nails everything on the head.
Bookmarks